Store and order pickup doesn’t have to be a hassle.
Curbside pickup or in-store pickup (AKA click and collect) is supposed to save customers time.
Reality check: Customers still have to manually check-in, deal with inflexible time slots (11:15 am – 12:15 pm), and stand in long pickup lines or wait for orders that aren’t ready.
But curbside pickup doesn’t have to be a struggle. Imagine no lines, no waiting, and no stale or spoiled items.
Understand customer arrivals with timely automated check-ins to improve operational efficiencies and flow. Minimize wait and contact between customers and staff for a safer environment.
Now, that’s a real win-win.
A Complete Customer Arrival Toolkit for Curbside
Bluedot’s end-to-end omnichannel solution delivers a frictionless, first-class customer experience the moment customers pull into a curbside space, walk into a store, or enter the drive-thru — no matter how an order is placed.
For Grocery, Retail, Pharmacy, and QSR
Design a truly convenient curbside pickup experience with location that detects customer arrival.
Staff are notified and bring the order curbside. Customers simply drive up and go.
- Minimizing contact time for order pick up between BOPIS customers and employees.
- Customers in a hurry don’t need to chase down an associate or check in manually. Learn how you can automate check-in with location.
- Caregivers eliminate the hassle of unloading and loading patients and save time as they pick up prescriptions.
- Parents don’t have to turn off the car or haul hungry kids into the grocery store.
- No parking available? No problem. Provide another way for your customers to make a purchase via curbside.
- Too rainy or cold to step out of the car, give order ahead customers real convenience in bad weather.
84%NPR/Marist Poll, 2018
of people buy online to save time and
78% buy online to avoid long lines in-store.
Convenience and Safety Enabled By Location
Make your app purposeful. Use our location SDK to understand whether your customer is approaching or already at your store to expedite the pick up in-store experience and keep customers and employees safe.
Bottom line: your customers won’t miss waiting
For Grocery, Retail, Pharmacy, and QSR
Create a hassle-free pickup experience for customers by using mobile location to automate or simplify every aspect of the process.
- Send a welcome message on arrival with the status of their order. “Great timing, Sam – you’re checked in, order is ready for pick-up at customer service!”
- Understand how to better prioritize your pick-and-pack orders with real-time insights
- Early customer arrival? No worries. Eliminate additional waiting in order ahead pick up lines by preparing the order when customers are nearby.
- Got a backlog of pickup orders? Notify nearby customers of the estimated delay, allowing them to run another errand first, grab some coffee, or finish that episode they were watching.
- Beat Amazon by providing customers a hassle-free buy online and return in store (BORIS) experience.
Mobile Location Unlocks Possibility for Pickup
Bluedot Features for True Curbside Convenience
Complex curbside and drive-thru scenarios are supported with Bluedot’s unparalleled mobile location precision.
Eliminate costly rollouts. Get to market quicker. No beacons required.
Easily scale to thousands of locations with over 150 million points of interest (POI) and counting.
Time-Based Arrival Prediction
Bluedot’s geofencing software accurately detects speed and location to predict customer arrival and help staff sequence pickup orders.
Bluedot Now Ready can be embedded into existing channels and processes – such as an order confirmation page, text, email to start curbside pickup.
Bluedot Hello Screens are real-time, intuitive dashboards for in-store teams to be instantly alerted of customer approach and arrival.
Order pickup is our most profitable transaction. This represents a meaningful opportunity to increase convenience for customers.
QSR Awards Bluedot Applied Tech Winner
“We’re excited to present Bluedot with a 2020 Applied Tech Award for its work in making mobile ordering and pickup more of a reality for curbside drive-thru operators.”
-Sam Oches, editorial director for QSR Magazine
Bluedot Named Top Tech Startup Finalist in 2021
“Timmy Awards’ finalists in the Startup category have proven their agility, innovation, and resilience in an ever-changing environment.”
-Mandy Walker, Executive Director of Marketing at Motion Recruitment, Tech in Motion’s Founder
See for Yourself.
Speak to a Bluedot location expert today to learn more.